When people think of voice-over work, they typically think of the traditional niches, such as commercials, animation, and audiobooks. However, there are many unique and lesser-known niches within the voice-over industry. Here are six voice-over niches you may not have heard of.
- Medical Narration Medical narration is a niche within the voice-over industry that involves recording audio for medical training videos, medical documentaries, and other healthcare-related content. Voice actors in this niche need to have a strong understanding of medical terminology and the ability to deliver complex information in a clear and engaging manner.
- Telephony/IVR Telephony or interactive voice response (IVR) is the automated system that greets callers and directs them to the appropriate department or person. Voice actors in this niche record prompts, greetings, and messages for IVR systems for businesses and organizations of all sizes.
- Museum Exhibits Museum exhibits often have audio components, including guided tours, audio descriptions, and interactive displays. Voice actors in this niche record audio for museum exhibits, using their voice to bring exhibits to life and engage visitors.
- Political Campaigns Political campaigns use voice-over work for a variety of purposes, including campaign ads, fundraising videos, and candidate introductions. Voice actors in this niche need to be able to deliver a convincing and engaging message that resonates with voters.
- Corporate Videos Corporate videos are used by businesses to promote their products or services, provide training to employees, or introduce the company to potential investors. Voice actors in this niche need to be able to deliver a professional and authoritative voice that reflects the company’s brand and values.
- Audioguides Audioguides are audio recordings that provide visitors with information about a specific location or attraction, such as a tourist attraction or historical site. Voice actors in this niche need to be able to deliver a clear and engaging voice that provides context and background information.
In conclusion, there are many unique and lesser-known niches within the voice-over industry. Medical narration, telephony/IVR, museum exhibits, political campaigns, corporate videos, and audioguides are just a few examples of these niches. Voice actors who are willing to explore these niches may find opportunities for new and exciting voice-over work.