As a DJ, finding the right vocal tracks can be crucial in creating a successful mix. There are several ways DJs can obtain vocal tracks, and the method they choose may depend on their budget, access to resources, and personal preference. Here are some of the most common ways DJs can get vocal tracks in 2023:
- Digital music stores: Online music stores such as Beatport, Traxsource, and Juno Download offer a vast selection of vocal tracks in various genres, including house, techno, and hip-hop. DJs can browse and purchase individual tracks or entire collections, and the files are usually available in high-quality formats like WAV or AIFF.
- Record pools: Record pools are subscription-based services that provide DJs with access to exclusive tracks, remixes, and acapella from various labels and artists. Some popular record pools for vocal tracks include DJCity, BPM Supreme, and ClubKillers. These services often provide DJs with early access to new releases, which can be a valuable asset in staying ahead of the game.
- Remix contests: Many record labels and artists host remix contests where DJs can download vocal stems and create their own remixes. These contests often offer cash prizes or the chance to have the winning remix officially released. Websites such as Splice, SKIO Music, and Metapop are popular platforms for hosting remix contests.
- Acapella websites: There are several websites dedicated to providing DJs with free acapellas, such as Acapellas4u, Looperman, and Vocal Downloads. While the quality of these acapella may vary, they can be a great resource for DJs on a tight budget.
- Collaboration with vocalists: Some DJs choose to work directly with vocalists to create custom tracks or remixes. This approach may require more time and effort, but it can lead to a more unique and personalized final product. Social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter can be useful for connecting with vocalists and building relationships.
In conclusion, DJs have several options for obtaining vocal tracks in 2023. Digital music stores, record pools, remix contests, acapella websites, and collaboration with vocalists are all viable methods, and DJs should choose the method that works best for their individual needs and goals. With the right vocal tracks, DJs can create dynamic and engaging mixes that keep their audiences moving on the dancefloor.